System Requirements for Flare V8
|Article #:IAR1016F||Product: Flare||Version:8.0|
The following is the listing of system requirements to run MadCap Flare V8.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, Windows Vista with Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003, or Windows 7 (32 and 64bit); including all required updates
- Required Software:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or later
- Microsoft SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP 1 (Installed on first use run of Flare)
- Pentium 4 or higher processor with at least 4096MB of RAM and 400MB of available hard drive space.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6.0.15 or later (for Adobe AIR compiling and for use of the equation editor)
- Optional Microsoft Word 2003 or greater with the latest service pack (for importing MS Word files and generating Word Output)
- Optional Microsoft Outlook 2003 or greater (32bit only) for sending review packages
- Optional Adobe FrameMaker version 7.0 or greater with Distiller (for Importing FrameMaker files, generating FrameMaker Output and PDFs from FrameMaker Output)
- Optional for viewing Adobe AIR Outputs: Adobe AIR Runtime
- Optional for Version Control: Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 2005, Team Foundation Server 2005, 2008 or 2010, Subversion 1.5.3 or later
- Optional for use of the equation editor and for generating PDFs with equations: Design Science Ghostscript
- Supported Web Browsers for WebHelp Output: Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later, Safari 4.0 or later, Google Chrome
- Supported Web Browsers for HTML5 Output: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox 10 or later, and Google Chrome 13 or later.
Note: Office 365 and Sharepoint 365 are not supported at the present time.
Note: Running MadCap Products on Apple / Mac computers:
MadCap products currently require Microsoft Windows. Several users have installed Windows on their Macs using programs that enable them to run Windows. The system requirements remain the same for the version of Windows running on the Mac.
November 28, 2012
Copyright © 2016 MadCap Software Inc. All rights reserved.