|Article #:IAR1029F||Product: Flare||Version: 2019 r2|
The following is the listing of system requirements to run MadCap Flare 2019 r2.
An Internet Connection is required to download certain components of the Requirements (.NET Framework).
- 4096 MB memory (RAM)
- 1.4 GB available hard drive space
- Intel Pentium 4
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, 32 or 64 bit, including all required updates
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- Servers hosting WebHelp Plus or Server-Based HTML5 also need .NET Framework
- Source Control integration supports:Team Foundation Server 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, or 2018
- Subversion 1.5.3, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 or 1.9, Git 1.9.4 and Perforce 2014.1, 2015.2, 2018.2
- Git integration using Git.exe requires version 2.21 and higher.
- Git.exe is not required for Git integration but provides improved performance
Note: 32-bit Git.exe is required with 32-bit Flare
- Equation rendering requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 7.51 or OpenJDK 1.8
- Building targets using Elasticsearch locally on your machine requires Java Development Kit (JDK) version 1.8 (64-bit)
- Servers hosting Elasticsearch also require JDK 1.8 (64-bit) (or OpenJDK 1.8), IIS, and .NET Core 1.1.6 Hosting Bundle
- Support of EPS images requires Ghostscript
- SharePoint integration supports: SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 365
- Adobe FrameMaker 7 through 2019 (for Import of FrameMaker content)
- WebHelp output and HTML5 output supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer 11 and newer
- Skin Editor requires IE 11 or newer on the system
Note: We recommend a hard drive speed of 7200 rpm or above for optimum performance and reduced compile times
MadCap products currently require Microsoft Windows. Several users have installed Windows on their Macs using programs that enable them to run Windows. The system requirements remain the same for the version of Windows running on a Mac.